Tuesday, August 5, 2014

John Gunderson Salida Facebook post #2 and my reply

John Gunderson Hey, just thought of something... there's a signature drive for a measure on urban limits that would apply to Modesto. No new development/annexations west of 99 and limitations north of Kiernan. Is there a similar measure planned for Salida? Running out of time. When Catherine Borges spearheads a signature drive on urban limits for Salida, then I will believe she is pure. Probably have to be incorporated for it take hold. Remember reading an email where Ms. Borges said that County was going to fund Salida at 34%. Guess that means 34% of the County's share of property tax which by my calculations is about 9.13% of the pie. The bulk of it goes to education. Still have that email Ms. Borges sent out to BOS and Council.... a real doozy....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katherine Borges
Date: Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Subject: Gunderson Facebook Post
To: John Gunderson


Mr. Gunderson, 

Here's what I replied to you on Facebook which I'm sending via e-mail since you've blocked me on Facebook:

Salida is an unincorporated community of interest overseen by the county, we are not autonomous. What applies to the County applies to us and we already have an urban limits measure in place, its called Measure E which was co-authored by Denny Jackman and Garrad Marsh back in 2007. 

Also, if you're going to quote me, you should go back and read my e-mail so you get your facts straight because this is what I wrote to you:

"If you read the 1996 Master Property Tax Sharing Agreement and its later amendments you will find that when a city annexes an island in, the property tax the city will receive is 34%. However, Salida is excluded in that agreement and thus, would be negotiated separately."

Read next: John Gunderson Salida Facebook post #3 and my reply

No comments:

Post a Comment